The Senior Associate-level position provides a unique opportunity for individuals seeking to develop and grow their marketing, consulting, and project management expertise while gaining immediate exposure to challenging client project work.
The full-time, permanent position is based in Washington, DC. The Sr Associate will be a key contributor to client engagements, providing strategic marketing planning and implementation support across a wide variety of client growth initiatives. The candidate will work on a wide range of client initiatives including marketing opportunity, brand, demand creation, customer engagement and marketing performance/productivity. The candidate will contribute to tactical work such as research & discovery, data mining, organization and analysis of findings, recommendations and to the creation of presentations and recommendations. The Sr. Associate will work with team members from diverse, complementary marketing backgrounds and disciplines to help assess strategic marketing decisions and to ensure client growth objectives are met and marketing goals are delivered.
The Sr Associate will support the team in the day-to-day development and tactical activation of client projects/programs and will have an important communications role with our clients – interacting with our sponsors to capably manage projects and expectations.
The ideal candidate possesses an MBA, BS or BA, along with 3 to 5 years of practical marketing experience within a corporate marketing, consulting, marketing agency or brand consultancy setting. The candidate has had active, hands-on success, beyond marketing 101, contributing to the development of successful marketing programs through:
- experience building work plans and managing multiple project work streams simultaneously
- understanding and application of basic, marketing frameworks
- qualitative & quantitative research and analysis experience
- comfort level with a wide variety of data and secondary research
- proven expertise with market & competitive analysis
- skill with market-performance analysis
- advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- experience developing programs that leverage customer insight
- solid business marketing acumen – beyond marketing communications
- success contributing to the development and evaluation of brand platform/positioning, messaging and marketing campaigns
- exposure within both consumer and business-to-business segments
- impeccable writing skills poised, confident presentation skills
- direct experience interacting with and delighting clients
- advanced Powerpoint, Excel and other software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a growing firm, we’re looking for self-motivated and highly-enthusiastic individuals – passionate about helping companies grow through the strength of great marketing. We’re searching for candidates who thrive in collaborative environments but also have an entrepreneurial spirit needed to develop, socialize and execute strategies and initiatives that ultimately drive success for our clients in the marketplace. The Sr Associate will also possess the following attributes:
- a high level of intellectual curiosity
- strength in creative and conceptual thinking
- a passion for marketing and for helping clients grow
- effective relationship-building skills
- ability to collaborate seamlessly and effectively with team members and clients from diverse backgrounds
- a deep curiosity about trends and developments in the business world
- an interest in social & cultural trends, especially those that shape consumer attitudes and impact behaviors
- a positive, energetic attitude that will contribute to enhancing DSE Live’s DNA and firm culture
- candid, authentic personal style
- a nimble, adaptable work ethic and the ability to think quickly on your feet
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Careers@DSElive.com.