6-MONTH CONTRACT POSITION
The Director-level position provides a unique opportunity for individuals seeking to enrich their skills in product marketing, strategic planning, marketing operations, vertical marketing and project management while getting exposure to challenging client project work. The engagement is estimated to last for 6 months and starts immediately. The Director will lead the planning, development, and implementation of B to B marketing strategies that will optimize sales of Enterprise business communications services within the Entertainment market and additional Verticals. The selected candidate will play a key role in the growth and expansion of our client’s service within identified vertical markets, with a focus on product marketing and marketing operations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a growing firm, we’re looking for self-motivated and highly enthusiastic individuals passionate about helping companies grow through the strength of great marketing. We’re searching for candidates who thrive in collaborative environments but also have an entrepreneurial spirit needed to develop, socialize and execute strategies and initiatives that ultimately drive success for our clients in the marketplace. Specific qualities/experience we seek for this position include most or all of the following:
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies targeting Entertainment and other Vertical markets as assigned
- Implement media and marketing tactics such as collateral, digital media, paid search, and print advertising campaigns that target Vertical markets
- Successful creation and implementation of co-marketing initiatives within Hospitality trade organizations and other, related businesses
- Ability to address core business needs through analysis, research, data, customer insights, evaluation of competitive products & industries – including development and coordination of primary research for targeted verticals and regularly updated competitive briefs
- Lead initiatives in a cross-functional environment across field organizations, operations, sales, and product management
- Support sales and distribution teams, understanding competition and barriers and enabling more effective pitches, positioning, and collateral to make sales more effective in vertical markets.
The ideal candidate has:
- BS in Marketing, Business or related, relevant discipline; MBA preferred
- Experience in B-2-B and Vertical Marketing is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience leading marketing and/or product management within cable, telecom, or related industries
- Proven track record of successfully marketing products/services to new markets
- Ability to balance competing priorities is a must
- Excellent project management skills required
- Ability to influence desired outcomes in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to understand technical and operational concepts related to product and service offerings
- Results-driven, self-motivated individual with focus on goal achievement and ability to work independently and manage others
- Strong presentation skills
The position is based in Washington, DC with potential for travel to customer sites and/or vendor locations.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Careers@DSElive.com, Attn: HR.