DSE Live is currently seeking Marketing Coordinator Interns interested in the areas of Urban A/C, Contemporary Jazz and Smooth Jazz for the following East-Coast locations: Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; Raleigh/Durham, NC regions.
The Marketing Coordinator plays an extremely important role in the development of DSE Live’s developing Urban and Multi Genre artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today.
The ideal Marketing Coordinator Intern is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many community activities. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters at lifestyle, community, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for DSE Live’s artists.
The Marketing Coordinator position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry.
- Target the 24-45 demographic to maximize visibility for artists’ content, releases, and tour dates.
- Create marketing plans for various promotions at local lifestyle and music retail accounts.
- Establish relationships with activity committees, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events, and programs
- Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts for promotional opportunities
- Assist with in-store signings, merchandising venues, and store promotions
- Provide advance market setup for tour dates coming through an assigned market, attend shows, and provide recaps.
- Cross promote and coordinate events with DSE Live artists and 3rd party lifestyle brands
- Pitch artists’ content for Media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
- Scout & submit musical talent for DSE Live signing consideration
- Must be able to work 15 hours per week
- Attend shows coming through assigned market
- Brand marketing experience a plus
- A&R (Artist & Repertoire) experience a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Outgoing creative thinker
- Online social networking skills required
- Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
- Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
- Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
- Must have access to reliable transportation, computer and a camera to document work
DSE Live is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of internship responsibilities that are subject to change.
To apply, submit cover letter & resume to Internship@DSElive.com, Attn: Human Resources. Thank you.